Thread: help pls.....

markpacs

Default help pls.....

:cry: when i turned on my pc, the desktop shows a bar on the left similar to the one in the my documents window... how can i change it back to its original form...without it just the desktop icons and the wallpaper...also i cannot arrange the icons anymore including those in quicklaunch..the auto arrange align to grid is turned off by the way, and right clicking it shows a restricted sign i guess

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Did you download a program that creates tool bars or did this suddenly appear? You could try Restore to an earlier date prior to this problem. If it appeared suddenly you may have some malware that's causing this. Depending on your answers, we will direct you on how to fix (I hope).

:wink: thank you so much for replying...i did system restore and it worked! i restored it to a previous date and it removed the bar that contains info like File and Folder task, other places and the details.
    I have follow up question, what could have done this? i didn't install any program this past week. i just remembered i installed THE GRUDGE ACTIVE DESKTOP but i delete it afterwards....

anyways, i have two other queries:

1. everytime i press the restart button, it just turns off the pc...

2. everytime i connect to the internet this window appears:

socket error # 11001
    Host not Found.

Thanks again so much for your help i do appreciate it :P

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Not sure what caused the problem, could have possibly been some leftover commands from The Grudge Active Desktop (I couldn't find anything on this program).

As far as your restart problem, take a look at this MS article. I know it is for the oposit of your problem, but it may just work. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311806&sd=RMVP .

As far as the socket error, check this site post #5 should help. http://forum.goteamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=14420 .

Get back and keep us updated