Lusi

Default Problem Connecting Hitachi minidvd camcorder

Purchased a Hitachi DZ-MV550A mini dvd camcorder back in December, installed software that came with it. Found out that my PC did not have a high speed port so purchased and installed that. When I hook up the cam to download stills or video every time it pops up saying that new hardware has been detected and attempts to install the same drivers and all that I have already installed in the beginning. I have been able to download the pictures that have been taken with it but cannot pull the video for anything! This is driving me insane and any help would be so appreciated.

USB devices can be tricky. I would suggest uninstalling everything (except the 2.0 USB port) and start from the beginning. Make sure you do everything in the EXACT order given in the directions. Charlie

Lusi

Default Hitachi Cam

Thanks Grim, I have done just that, several times hoping that somehow I had missed something. Poured over the manual and all directions to no avail.
    I called the store where I purchased the cam and spoke with the salesman who informed me that I need to purchase a second firewire. It seems that the one that came with the camera is only good for downloading the pictures from it but a second type is needed for getting the video?? I just don't get it. LOL Back to the ole drawing board I guess. Going to do some checking on the two wires that he suggested and see what I come up with.

Thanks again for your reply.

Not sure of the answer, but it sounds like the salesman doesn't have a clue. Call the tech support for Hitachi or email them, perhaps they can help you. Charlie

I think you are soooo right Grim, will give Hitachi another shot.

Also have a post on another board along side another woman who has purchased almost the same cam and is having the same trouble, stumbled across it earlier this evening. Hoping perhaps there is someone out there that
    has this figured out. lol

Thanks again!

I downloaded the manual for the camcorder so that I could see if I could figure anything out. First, when you deleted and uninstalled everything, did you follow the procedures on page 155? Are you sure the USB connection is working properly? Have you tried it with any other device? When you install, make sure you install programs before camera is hooked to computer. Install USB driver, then UDF driver in order given in manual. What type of DVD are you using, +R, RAM?
    I love the disclaimer at the bottom of page 143, Even if your PC meets these specifications, malfuntions and restrictions in use can occur etc,etc,etc.
    Good luck, by the way, there is no mention of a firewire connection. Charlie

Forgot to sign in before posting last message. Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

The rule for installing any USB device is install the drivers BEFORE connecting the device..
    Once the drivers are installed then connect the device. Windows should idtify the New harware and be able to locate and apply the newly installed drivers.
    Once done then install any additional software.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Thanks all for your responses, will go back and give er one more shot and do exactly as you have said. Will keep my manual in my lap as well so I don't miss a thing. lol If this fails again, I am going to try and hook up a dvd recorder to my tv and hook my cam in through my VCR...gonna see if I can't just record off the camcorder to a DVD. Gads I hope this works! :roll:

Thanks again!!