Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thansk DSR17. Works fine now. I'll bookmark that site.

Nice to see you've joined our happy band. All the members here are a friendly bunch, very up to date and "on the ball" when it comes to fixing problems. Apart from me, that is.

Like the logo too! I presume you are another musician.

Cheers.
    PLEASE DONATE. Help keep our site alive without ads.

Help keep your computer protected. Read this > http://www.help2go.com/article152.html

Member Help2Go Moderator

Hi OddJob,

I'm a little curious as to what case you have this installed in. I have a thermaltake Xaser III case that came with the same temp probe I think you are talking about. It fits in 1 of the drive bays and has 4 knobs to control all 7 fans that are in the case. The electrical probe itself is actually supposed to be attached underneath the processor, yes underneath on the side with the pins, basically directly below the core. Before i put my server together in this case I used an older Asus A7V600-x motherboard with a socket A AMD Sempron 3000+ (1.6ghz - 2.4ghz). I ran it at 1.6ghz and when the computer was on standby or not being used my temp was 27°-29°. When running applications or actually using the computer it ranged from 32°-36° and that's including playing the Americas Army game.

Either way, on to something else, if this is the same case or maybe even the same fan control/temp prob that you have then I can only imagine it has an LCD screen in the drive bay with 4 knobs. On the below right side knob for the fan control there should be a little white plastic piece near it with a phillips screw like slot. That is where you can turn the temp up or down for the alarm setting. Hope these 2 cents help..

Partie™

Hi Partie

That sounds like a great case but nothing like the one I've got!! Too hi spec for me, I think.

I didn't know the name of the case manufacturer. Can't look closely just now as my son is using it (he's off school ill today). We got it at a computer fair and it came in a plain box. Probably a "no name" job but I did examine it carefully. It's sturdy, no sharp edges/corners, plenty of bays, room to work etc.

IT has 3 sensor cables (CPU, HDD, SYS) to leading 3 "front of tower" displays. The connections were as recommended to me by the company who sold the case to me. Apparently, it is a popular case with them and they were very familiar with it when I described it over the phone. Their answers to the question "where and how do I attach the sensors?" were immediate and certain so I think they knew what they were talking about.

As to adjusting the case temp. audio warnings I think there's an a small adjuster on the circuit board iteslf. You know the kind of thing. Much as you describe - use a small screwdriver to turn it clockwise or anticlockwise.

However, things seems to have settled down since I started this discussion. The machine is running at around 34 degrees, as before, and, when under pressure, goes up to about 39 degrees. I've not heard any alarms so I think it's a case(!) of "steady as she goes" before I do anything more pro active.

Thanks for the suggestions though. Your expertise is always much appreciated.

Same for all other contributions to this. Good to have folk like you around.

Take care.
    PLEASE DONATE. Help keep our site alive without ads.

Help keep your computer protected. Read this > http://www.help2go.com/article152.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12