Thread: AOL Nightmare

Default AOL Nightmare

Just letting you all know how much AOL sucks. I recently got my computer back because of my motherboard goin on me. Everything was cool and I decided to put my AOL back in to check my billing to make sure I wasn't charged for another month since I am cutting there service off. Sooo I check all that and then sign off AOL and then go to remove the icons on my desktop they place there, before even doin that my system reboots all on its own. So, now I just got my computer back and am so happy and now my system keeps rebooting and rebooting repeatly as soon as it gets to the desktop and the icons all appear including the aol one. After pulling my hair out and my family is wondering why Im goin crazy by the computer desk.. I remember how to boot up in safe mood and remove the aol program and there junk they put. After all that and a normal boot up I am back up like brand new.

As for my ?. I removed the AOL and I still have the task bar icon and it will not get off. Any suggestions how will be gladly appricated.. I am calling aol 2marrow and canceling everything for sure. :-)

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

LMAO @ AOL Sucks :wink:
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

I have said before: I would rather serve in Hell than use AOL, but there are people here that are happy with it.

My experience when I was on a slow dial up, it just many things- very slow, just to many bells and whistles I did not need.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Basementgeek

My experience when I was on a slow dial up, it just many things- very slow, just to many bells and whistles I did not need.

Cheers
    I agree, lol. It will work if you have a computer that can handle all of the extra garbage that comes bundled with it. The software is just plain bloated in my opinion, and a serious resource hog. Just my 2 ยข
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

AOL is not the internet. Now repeat this 100 times.
    AOL is an independent, seperate, totally diffferent online communications sytem to the REAL internet.
    AOL only provides a gateway to the REAL internet.
    The question to ask is do I want the Internet or AOL.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default still got files

When I search AOL I still get files.. How can I get everything out that says aol. I was scared to delete them from what came up when I searched. Advice appricated.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Philly,

If you're doing a search, you can delete all the aol entries, just make sure you don't delete entries that may have aol as part of a different name .. can't think of one off hand but something like ???aol?? where ? is a letter. I forget if you have xp or not, if so you can always set a Restore Point before deleting .. should something not work over the next few weeks, restore to that point.

Default Thanks to all of u

Thank you all for your help. AOL SUCKS..