Kazz

Default Can you turn off IE History?

I know you can reduce the number of days that URLs are stored in the 'History' folder and the drop-down list in the address bar. Is there a way that this can be turned off all together, so that users can't see which sites the previous users have gone to? This is for use on a PC in a public area. Although CyberPatrol is installed on the PC to stop innapropriate sites being visited, some users get offended by being able to see the names of the sites that others attempted to access.
    Would appreciate some suggestions.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Just set the save history to 0 days.

Setting to 0 days will not solve the issue as the current days history can still be seen during that day. There are programs available that allow anonomous surfing. Notrax is one that springs to mind:
    http://www.heidi.ie/notrax/

As Shinobi suggests, there are programs out there to do this, however they need to be run (manually?) I believe after each person is finished (at least the couple I've checked into. If you must go to this extent, it would be cheaper to go to Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies, delete Files and delete History. Take a look at this article http://www.cyberwalker.net/faqs/how-...ser-cache.html .

Kazz

Default Thanks guys.

Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    As Shinobi suggests, there are programs out there to do this, however they need to be run (manually?) I believe after each person is finished (at least the couple I've checked into. If you must go to this extent, it would be cheaper to go to Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies, delete Files and delete History. Take a look at this article http://www.cyberwalker.net/faqs/how-...ser-cache.html .
    Notrax doesnt clear tracks afterwards. It's not like windowswasher, tracks eraser, cyberscrub and other "clenser" applications. It actually allows real-time surfing while leaving no activity trace whatsoever, it is in effect a browser. If I have understood the question correctly it will do exactly what the original poster requires (but it aint free).

Good to know Shinobi, now this isn't usless information!! :wink: