Default startup/shutdown noise on XP

I was wondering if its possible to change the startup and shutdown sounds in XP to something of my choice, better yet a sound clip. Yes? No? Also, how do you erase all the stored information in the autofill feature? The lists are getting too long, but I do like the feature itself. Muchos gracias
    -Joe

Default Re: startup/shutdown noise on XP

Quote Originally Posted by visajoe1
    I was wondering if its possible to change the startup and shutdown sounds in XP to something of my choice, better yet a sound clip. Yes? No?

Yes, open Control panel, click the Sounds and Audio devices icon, click the sounds tab, now find the event you wish to change the sound for and browse to and select the sound file you want for the event. See attachment.

For the Auto Complete portion of your question, open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, click the Content tab, click Clear Forms, see Attachment. HTH
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Good info BearNunya, we'll be having our computers playing tunes in no time.
    :lol: Charlie

Thanks
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Thanks!!! I'm gonna have fun with this. Take it easy fellas