Thread: colour default

teresa Angira

Default colour default

Sorry for the bother,the computer is not mine but am just trying to make it right.I wish I could tell you all the information but I dont have much though I have the line 21x-69x-129x.Am sorry am not that well informed about this computer

Is that your telephone number???????? If so you might want to edit your post to remove that ASAP. :?
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

I did edit what appeared to be a phone number, Please never an email address or phone number on any post.

Tell us what the problem is

Cheers

This was the beginning of this post that was posted elsewhere. Charlie
    Post subject: Computer colour Post #8 Reply with quote
    Hi again, actually the whole screen is Light green and I have tried a couple of times to get the colour right but it never worked.The computer is fine inthat it functions well but the colour is the problem.Can you help!!!

(thanks Charlie .. canuck)

Hallo Teresa - You could go here - http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    and download this free program and run it. It will give you information about the system. You can print it off for your own reference or copy and paste it here by clicking on the 'Reply' button below. This will at least tell us a little about the system you are trying to fix. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Hi teresa
    I understand you say you monitor is gone a green tint, it could be the
    Monitor cable is defective, take a look below
    HERE http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000243.htm

Or it could be your video card, could try update drivers

It could be that your monitor needs Degaussing [demagnetize] restoring possible color impurities, your monitor may have a Degauss button
    see HERE http://www.computerhope.com/help/monitor.htm
    while at he link scroll down to see trouble shooting
    you may want to take professional advice

It could be your monitor has gone BTW have you moved your monitor near any large external speakers

Regards Stoney

Hello Teresa.
    As you are unsure about the computer or what to do try the simple and obvious stuff first if you can.
    Do you have access to another monitor?
    If so try borrowing that. Plug it in and and see what happens. Do not try too much without asking for more advice. After all it is free!
    Let us know how you get on.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards guy9663.