Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

Default View Web content in folders

I setup and maintain the PCs where I work. I know where to find and disable "View Web content in folders." But it FREQUENTLY comes back and I have to turn it off again. If I knew where to look in the registry to PERMANENTLY DISABLE this annoyance, I would go there and do it! Can you tell me where to look? TIA!

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Is this a network and if so what type?
    What Operating systems are used?
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

whoozhe
    Sorry to have omitted relevant information. All the PCs in question are Windows 98 Second Edition. They are networked and authenticate on logon to our domain server which is NT4.0, Service Pack 5.

PartieHontuese
    I followed the link that you posted and read the article. I'm not at work to check the status of the "Remember each folder's view settings" box but I thought that was normally checked. I will take a closer look come Monday. If it's as simple as that, GREAT. But on the assumption that the box IS checked and the web view continues to return, I will repeat my original question. Can you tell me where to look in the registry to find and disable this "feature?"

Thank you both for your replies.

Member Help2Go Moderator

I think this is what you want..

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/958/

It basically disables active desktop which is in turn the "Display as Web Page"

Partieā„¢

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde

Partie™

I checked the link and it looks like it might be what I'm after. I printed the article and will try it on a workbench test machine at my earliest opportunity. I'd say you can consider this case "closed." Thanks again for your help.