freebob

Default sound card!...:(

ok my sound card.... for the last 7 moths has been very... very.. stupid!

ok like i have to go behind my computer and put the card like hive way in the port! the sound works fine but when i plug it in all the way i only hear the sound comin from the left speaker! but when i have a half out i hear both! i've tryed diff. speakers still doing it though please help me? what's the problem Give me step by step or advise thx my sound card it built with the mother board and heres the brand!

RealTek aC'97 audio for Via. have lastest driver my mother board is....

MS-6380 ATX Mainboard-K7T266 Pro2 Series

i meant to type cord and half way in... oop's sry

Could be a faulty cord try changing this but you might have already when changing the speakers.
    The other thing to check which would be useful to know is then it is half way in, although the sound comes out of both speakers is it a mono or stero signal. Try playing a CD that is heavily panned (Jimi Hendrix used this quite heavily and noticeably as some can be hard to tell) and adjust the balence using the sound manager in control pannel to see if you are getting a different signal from each speaker.
    Try going into the bios and see what settings there are for the onboard sound. If it supports 5.1/7.1 etc. and you can change this make sure it is on 2.1. Also, make sure the cord is in the right line out socket.
    Hope this helps.

um ok i'll try that... but if not work i'll return!

could it have been a voltage blow or something like that?

That is unlikely as they are integrated and still send a signal. Im not saying its not but if it was it would be likely there would be other damage as the voltage would have affected the whole motherboard.

Well the mother seems to be working just fine but i just posted this because i was just wrounding why my sound card is doing this! well ok thx for the help! i might buy me a new sound card like the 5.1 creative Live. thx!

If the problem continues, try installing the card in a different PCI slot, may have bad contacts. Charlie