Pauldiddy27

Default Honey I shrunk the screen!

Hey guys,

I have a Sony VAIO laptop and I opened it up one day only to find that my computer screen and shrunken! It is in the center of the screen framed on all four sides by about 2 and a half inches of black space. Everything is to proportion as well...when i click on start i can see half of my applications, the other half is lost in the black area. All my windows are too big so they have scroll bars on the side and bottom. I really need to get this problem fixed so any help would be awesome!

THanks,
    Paul

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Not sure what the Sony setup is like, but try this .. rt click on blank area of the desktop>properties>Settings>advanced> on one of the tabs (maybe called Displays) you should see a picture of a monitor and one of a TV (TV will probably read disconnected and shaded out). Click on the monitor icon and a new window should open> there may be a tab titled Adjustments >now using the arrows, you can widen and heighten the screen .. hopefully > then click OK>OK. You may need to reboot to initialize the settings.

Keep us updated, hope you have these settings ..

Member Help2Go Moderator

Also, if that doesn't cut it, and if you have an NVidia video card try going into the display properties, click "settings" then in the settings tab there should be an "advanced" button. Click that and then click the "NVidia" tab (it could be listed as something else but it will have the NVidia company logo on the tab). Once there click the flat panel display option in the left navigation menu and then put a bullet next to "user display adapter scaling"

Hope this helps.

Partieā„¢