tali1

Default safe search engines?

are any search engines safer in terms of security than others? i ask this because i came across one called ask jolene which claimed to avoid websites which use spyware and other nasties
    thanks

Hi tali1
    As far as i know askjolene is an Adult search engine and best to avoid
    i would not go there.
    Regards Stoney

Quote Originally Posted by stoney
    Hi tali1
    As far as i know askjolene is an Adult search engine and best to avoid
    i would not go there.
    Regards Stoney
    I agree, wouldn't touch that search engine with a 10 ' barge pole. If you want a great search engine try www.google.com. Just my 2 ยข
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Hallo tali - Google does it for me. Just make sure you have a good firewall and anti virus. There's also a few free programmes that will help keep you out of trouble here -
    http://www.help2go.com/postt5400.html

Personally I use Norton Anti-vrius and Personal Firewall (not popular with many on this site :P ) but it costs. I also run Spybot Search and Destroy and Adaware once a week. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome