motown68

Default web pages roll down

Just reformatted my hard drive reinstalled windows xp. Everytime i scroll down on a web page it rolls down in waves. Have a compaq computer with windows xp Thanks

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

You will need to go either into Mouse settings or Touchpad settings in Control panel and make the appropriate adjustments.

What do you mean by waves? If you mean more than line when you use your mouse scroll wheel there is a setting for this in the mouse settings in control pannel.

Its not a mouse setting if tried that. Thanks The page doesnt scroll down smoothly.Its like it cant load fast enough. Somebody told me it sounds like a video driver but didnt know how to fix it. Thanks

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Has this just started happening since reformatting? Also, do you have a touchpad that has shortcuts on it (like use center of pad to move cursor, but the corners of pad are programmed to do different things)? Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your Compaq from the HP/Compaq site?

This stuttering can occur when your computer is not reading the page stored in virtual memory fast enough so takes longer to read it and therefore displaying it. Im not saying this is definately what it is but it has been one of the causes in the past.
    What hardware have you got?
    You could try some basic system clean-ups to speed up your PC like defragging and checking for spyware etc.

There is not much on my computer. I run microsoft spyware everynight havent had anything in a few days. What drivers would I need to update? Yes this only started happening after I reformatted. I have 224 mb of ram 1.67 ghz and a 80g hard drive with about 70g not being used. Thanks