Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Norton security stopped my email

I installed Norton Security 2005 in my computer and now I can't read my email.
    I can surf the web with no problem but when I and want to read my email and go to outlook express and enter my user id and pasword then after few seconds it show a following massage.

"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your password was rejected. Account johndoe@anycable.net Server xxx.x.x.x protocol pop3 server responce (EER Invalid user name and Password."
    But like I said I do not have problem logging into my server to surf the web. only if I want to read mail.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem.
    I think that there is a problem in configuation of norton security.

There is nobody in Norton to talk to. Acording to their website they want additional $29.95 to solve software problem.

This imformation may help other people with similar problem using Norton Security.

Thank You all

What happens if you disable/turn off Norton, can you read them then ?

I am not going to bash/flame Norton, but there are many of us, at this forum, that used Norton in the past, but have switched to an other AVI program. I know, I am one of them.

Cheers

Hallo Perky, I have copied this from my 2003 version, it MAY be of help. Let us know how it goes.Regards

There are three possible solutions to this problem.
    Temporarily disable email protection. This might allow the problem email message to be download so that you can once again enable email protection. You are protected by Auto-Protect and Script Blocking while email protection is disabled.

To temporarily disable incoming email protection
    Start Norton AntiVirus.
    In the Norton AntiVirus main window, click Options.
    In the Options window, under Internet, click Email.
    Uncheck Scan incoming Email.
    Click OK.
    Download your email messages.
    Reenable incoming email protection.
    Your email client may have timed out. Make sure timeout protection is enabled.

If you continue to experience problems downloading email messages, disable email protection.

To disable email protection
    Start Norton AntiVirus.
    Uncheck Scan outgoing Email.
    Click OK.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

egcntrk

Having almost the identical problem. Upgraded to NAV '05. Can send but not receive mail. Getting host can not be found and to verify server name entered correctly with socket error 11001 and Error # 0x800CCC0D.

Operating ME with ZA as firewall. Have disabled the mail functions in ZA and NAV. Nothing has worked. Have verified domain is correct. Have also checked the NAV site, ZA site, MS site, Yahoo mail, been all over the web trying to figure this out. Tried to ping the server and got "unknown mail host."

One thing looks funny. The account name is like this:

myname@sbcglobal.net/pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com

Should there be a blackslash with the info following it?

Suggestions?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Have you tried going to your ISP and double check yout e-mil account settings .. name and password etc .. this message does comes up when the e-mail account needs fixing.

Canuk, I've checked it so many times I've lost count. After the NAV, install the pop3 was changed to read pop3.nortonantivisus, so I changed it back but that did not resolve the problem. The ports are correct. I must be overlooking something but can't figure out what. :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by galena1
    Hallo Perky, I have copied this from my 2003 version, it MAY be of help. Let us know how it goes.Regards

There are three possible solutions to this problem.
    Temporarily disable email protection. This might allow the problem email message to be download so that you can once again enable email protection. You are protected by Auto-Protect and Script Blocking while email protection is disabled.

To temporarily disable incoming email protection
    Start Norton AntiVirus.
    Click OK.
    Download your email messages.
    Reenable incoming email protection.
    Your email client may have timed out. Make sure timeout protection is enabled.

If you continue to experience problems downloading email messages, disable email protection.

To disable email protection
    Start Norton AntiVirus.
    Uncheck Scan outgoing Email.
    Click OK.

I disabled email protection and stil dfid not work
    I will try to disable complete norton security and see if that will help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Have you tried going to your ISP and double check yout e-mil account settings .. name and password etc .. this message does comes up when the e-mail account needs fixing.
    I have open outlook express and check name and password .
    Everything look ok.
    Is that when you say "Have you tried going to your ISP and double check yout e-mil account settings .. name and password etc "

Thank you

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Taking a look at your IP address, you appear to be signed up with Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. If this is right give them a call and get their techs to go through the settings with you .. if this is wrong, then phone the people who supply your internet connection whoever they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Taking a look at your IP address, you appear to be signed up with Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. If this is right give them a call and get their techs to go through the settings with you .. if this is wrong, then phone the people who supply your internet connection whoever they are.
    I can't find my IP address.
    Do you know how to get to my IP sddress and changed if required.

Thank You

Perky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast