Thread: mozilla probs

tali1

Default mozilla probs

when i boot up my pc from cold everything is okay -except when i click on the mozilla icon to go online it takes about a minute, once online i can surf ok ,the only problem being that when i save a web image or page mozilla freezes for about 10 seconds before i can surf again
    thanks

Would help to know what version of Windows you are using, what version of Mozilla (1.7.5 is the latest) and the specs of your computer (cpu, how much memory, hard drive size and free space) Charlie

Are you using the whole Mozilla package or just Firefox web browser?
    Check out this site.
    www.mozillazine.org
    Click on forums. The problem you have may be listed there.
    Hope this helps.

i am using just mozilla firefox latest version
    running win xp, 256ram, 20gb 2.5gb free, 900mhz
    hope that is useful

The one thing that is really slowing you down is the amount of free space available on your hard drive. You should try to keep at least 20% free space. It is kind of like trying to rearrange furniture in a room full of furniture, there is no place to move. See if you can delete any old files or programs, delete temporary files and defrag hard drive. It may be time to add a second hard drive for storage. Another potential problem, XP would be happier with 512 mb of memory rather than 256mb. It will run with 256, but any time it needs additional memory (such as when starting a program), it will use virtual memory on the hard drive which is much slower. Charlie