Default Quick Time and Win XP problem

Hi,

I am having trouble using Quick Time with Win XP, quick time videos seem to play but with lag. I have tried different types of QT but all seem to have the same problem. The problem is most noticeable when I view a video single on a music CD.

I use the same setup on an older pc using Win 98 and QT videos work perfectly fine.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

Thanks

Hi - Have you tried changing the resolution and/or refresh rate? Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Quote Originally Posted by galena1
    Hi - Have you tried changing the resolution and/or refresh rate? Regards
    Hi,

Where do I change this?

Hallo Deathseeker -
    To change the refresh frequency for your monitor
    Open Display in Control Panel.
    On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
    On the Monitor tab, in the Refresh Frequency list, click a new refresh rate.
    Notes

To open Display, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
    The default refresh frequency setting is 100 Hertz, although your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's documentation for information regarding the settings your monitor supports.
    A higher refresh frequency reduces any flicker on your screen, but choosing a setting that is too high for your monitor can make your display unusable and cause damage to your hardware.
    Changes to the refresh frequency affect all users that log on to the computer.

To change your screen resolution
    Open Display in Control Panel.
    On the Settings tab, under Screen resolution, drag the slider, and then click Apply.
    When prompted to apply the settings, click OK. Your screen will turn black for a moment.
    Once your screen resolution changes, you have 15 seconds to confirm the change. Click Yes to confirm the change; click No or do nothing to revert to your previous setting.

Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Quicktime comes in two flavors. Free and pay for one that really works.
    Restrict the use of quicktime for the odd file that requires it. As an overall media player it aint that good.
    Psssst some players have QT plug ins.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Quote Originally Posted by whoozhe
    Quicktime comes in two flavors. Free and pay for one that really works.
    Restrict the use of quicktime for the odd file that requires it. As an overall media player it aint that good.
    Psssst some players have QT plug ins.
    Out of curiosity, should the file movie menu etc have a white boarder around it because it is different on my machine running win 98 SE