Default IE goes to some web sites,but crashes on others.

I use windows 98,P3 500 ,128mb ram.32 mb v card,rogers highspeed.
    I can surf some web sites,but some crashes the browers.I send a report
    but no solution.I have run norton virus,spybot,adaware everything fine.

Hi fitzz - Do you have tha latest drivers for your modem? I have experienced similar problems in the past and it has been driver problem. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default IE goes to some web sites,but crashes on others.

Thanks for the reply.No I have never updated my drivers for my cable
    modem.I never know that I had to.I have a Tarayon,older model.How would I update the drivers?Also why do you think it could be the drivers?

Hallo fitzz - Did Rogers supply your Terayon modem? You could contact them and see if there have been any change to drivers. If so they should be able to supply you a copy.
    I had similar problems, but with different equipment. It turned out that my ISP had made some changes to their operation, (I've no idea what changes) but it resulted in crashes and 'send error report', which I did. I'm assuming you are referring to error reporting to Microsoft. I received a reply that suggested there may be a driver problem and so I contacted my ISP who supplied a new driver. I installed it and no problems since.
    Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome