Default How do I turn off the automatic add new hardware wizard

Greetings from Sunny Florida - where the weather is warm enough to go outside and kick a computer.

Here is my delema. I was requested to remove SP2 from all XP workstations. (Email me if you would like step by step instructions on how to do so)So I removed it and now the add new hardware wizard is harassing me. The wizard is requesting the Intel AIM flat panel driver for the monitor. However, not only is it not supported but it is not necessary.

If anyone has any tips on how to turn off the automatic add new hardware wizard, I would greatly appreciate it!

Happy Monday!

You could try disabling "Shell Hardware Detection" in sevices or msconfig. You may have some problems though if you do this as it might affect other system components.

Member Help2Go Moderator

I'm curious as to how you uninstalled the service pack from these systems? You may have done something not right or something not recommended which could in turn have messded with your drivers. Also, have you checked the device manager to see if you're getting any "warnings" in there?

Partieā„¢

Thank you for the words of wisdom.

I guess it was a chip reset from the motherboard. All so weird, but finished.

Here is the receipe as to how remove SP2
    1) Installed the IIS windows component
    2) Removed xp SP 2
    3) removed IIS Windows component
    4) reboot

Member Help2Go Moderator

So then another curious question is why did you install IIS?

SP2 was installed by the user. Unfortunately, my company does not have the most up to date technology to keep up with the Jones. When SP 2 locks down the network,the user can not gain intranet/ internet access.

As always, it has been a learning experience. :lol: