melissa

Default URGENT - LIVE UPDATE

i am at starbucks inorder to use wifi to update my nortons. but it says live update is already running in the background. please help as i have to leave in two hours. thanks

Hallo Melissa - If you have live update running then it will automatically download any new updates as long as your subscription is ok.Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

melissa

Default urgent

thanks for your reply, how can i check though as there is no staus bar or anything. i know nothing about computers. i just want to make sure i know when its completed. thanks again for the reply

Hi again - Norton will load updates automatically, often the only indication, to start with, will be the egg-timer on the screen if you have another application open eg Word, IEetc. When its installed the updates you may get a very quick message flash up( very easy to miss) to say your definitions have been updated. This notification, if activated, is only flased for 1/2 seconds. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

melissa

Default URGENT - LIVE UPDATE

hi, i just received a notice telling me my virus is not upto date and i clicked update and it came up with it is already running in the background which means that it is not running as nortons would not have sent me the reminder. please somebody i only have 30 minutes left. thanks

Hi - Open NAV and click on live update at the top. IF there is a problem with your subscription it should say so. If your subscription has expired you should be directed to a link to renew. Regards