Default Help for dummies pelase Understanding Pentium 4 vs Centrino

I want to get a new notebook computer but I don't understand the difference between a Pentium 4, Pentium M and Centrino processors. I don't understand all the technical mumbo jumbo about computers. What I need is something that is reliable, light weight, decent size screen, good battery life, compatible for wired or wireless internet use and easy to use. Ohh, I forgot that hard drive and memory size are important too. I do understand that the higher the number for memory the better and the same thing with hard drive space but that is about the extent of my knowledge. I just don't want to get something that looks good on the outside but is a piece of junk on the inside. Any and all advice is appreciated. (I have Adult ADD so please phrase responses in not so technical manor, Thanks!)

The M next to processors means it is a mobile line processor. These are similar to their non-M counterparts but are designed to run at slower clock speeds and generate less heat which can be a problem in laptops.

Check out this post as there is more info there to save anyone repeating their self. http://www.help2go.com/postlite12796-.html

Hello PluckyDuck,
    The Centrino is in my opinion the processor you need for a laptop. Because it was designed for laptops it has 2 major benefits over a P4.

1: CPU scaling. This means if your battery is running low the Centrino slows down allowing you to continue working (all-be-it with reduced performance).

2: Centrino has wireless support built in.

If you want to use the laptop for its original purpose, i.e. an away from home, mobile office computer use a Centrino. If you want to use the laptop as a small home PC connected to mains power supply a P4 will give better performance particularly if you play games.
    The P4 has better performance but is power thirsty,after all it was not designed for laptops.
    On the question of memory and hard drive space the answer is smple. How much do you want to spend?
    Hope this helps.
    Regards guy9663