Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 12/04/2005
    Time: 2:16:41 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: COMMANDO
    Description:
    The General Purpose USB Driver (adildr.sys) service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any suggestions what to do please?
    Thank u

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I have done a search on this problem and it seems to have something to do with either ADSL modems or USB modems. This seems to be the solution
    According to everything I could find{was in French and German} on that error, it had to do with ADSL and USB Modems.
    According to the only fix I found was to go into Regedit and do a FIND for "adildr" change the values from 2, to 1 or 0 and the error will stop. They said the adildr.sys was only needed with Win98.
    If you decide to try this, remember to either create a new Restore Point or back up the Registry before making any changes. Keep us updated.

Thanks for your reply.
    Actually I have found 3 entries as a result of the search for "adildr" in REGEDIT:

1- NTMPDRIVER
    2- Display Name
    3- Image Path

I didn't know what I should change exactly...there are no values there to modify!

...or am I missing something here?!?!

When you find NTMPDRIVER for example, right click on it and then Modify, in the modify window there should be a 'value' box, this is where you change the setting to 1 or 0. Get back and keep us updated.

in the VALUE box, it displays something like:
    System32\Drivers\adildr.sys

no numbers such as 0-1-2

When you do the f3 search, you go to the entry that is highlighted, go through them all, there should be at least one of the entries that will allow a value change. You won't miss it as there is a box with a number in it see inset.