Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Computer crashed

Hi
    i think i got a virus or something and it forced me to format my pc. I formatted my pc and created a new partition but when i go to reboot to start installing my cd -- it says Invalid system disk - replace the disk, and then press any key.
    thats the same error i got when i before formatting. I then try to see my d: but it says invalid command. I can get to my a: and c: but it doesn't show my my cd rom drive. But when i put my HP recovery cd it recognizes it and starts the recover but then aborts itself while it installs my files. I keep seeing Warning Pkunzip can't install ...... then its lists all kinds of files.
    I have a HP pavillion celeron 128mbram. What am i doing wrong?

what ver. of windows are you trying to install?
    Spyware Can be a pain for those who are stressful and some just know how to look around it!

AMD Athlon 2000+, 512MB PC2100, 28.6HD, SP1 Windows Xp Pro.

ASUS 128MB ATI 9200SE/T AGP 4X enabled

windows 98
    Also i tried doing fdisk /mbr - then i rebooted
    now i get Type the name of the Command Interpreter c>
    i tried doing sys c: and i get cannot copy the command.com file from target disk

im lost here

hmmm.... does your computer shut down any or a box comes up and says shut down in 30sec.?
    Spyware Can be a pain for those who are stressful and some just know how to look around it!

no it never gave me that error.

im going to bed its 11:08 and i have to get up in the morning and open my computer store! i'll be on afternoon to check what's up

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Sevuas_0, this is not a chat line. We are not interested if your going to bed, seeing your friend or having to get up early in the morning or blowing your nose... these inane (silly and pointless) posts have got to stop, you have not helped this person, nor are you likely to!!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

nick79

If you think you've been infected with a virus, please go here . Follow all steps 1 to 5. When you get to 5 you will be creating a Highjackthis log. Copy the log and return to this post, click Post Reply at the bottom of the page and paste the log there. Make mention that you've followed through all the steps so that our experts will know what's been done.

Let's first look at the possibility of your having a virus, if there are problems after the above steps, we can then take a look.

Canuck: sry! i have seen other people put that before too so don't get mad at me!

hi canuck
    thanks for your help but i know i have a virus. Plus i no longer have windows so i can't check. I think it might of damaged my boot sector. I tried putting in a 2nd hard drive becuz i thought the 1st was damaged but i still get the same errors with the 2nd hdd. It says i have errors in the config.sys line 17,21 and 31 and then it goes Bad Command Line. How can i restore my Boot sector if thats the problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast