ubernewbie

Default taskbar stuck at 2x height

My taskbar is stuck at twice the normal height & i can't seem to recover it to its former state - Can anyone please help? Thankyou!

Right click your taskbar and uncheck Lock the Taskbar.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

[quote="BearNunya"]Right click your taskbar and uncheck Lock the Taskbar. [/quote My Lock the taskbar is already unchecked;i'm running out of options Bear. ]

Hover you mouse above the top part of the taskbar (somewhere above where you programs apear when you open them). If the taskbar is unlocked (as per bear's instructions) your mouse arrow should turn into a small, double headed black set of arrows. When it does this, hold doun left click and drag it downwards until a faint grey line is where the top of the taskbar used to be. Now just let go of left click and you should be ok.

You can lock the taskbar (do the opposite to what bear told you earlier) to make sure this wont happen again.

Cheers, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DSR17
    Hover you mouse above the top part of the taskbar (somewhere above where you programs apear when you open them). If the taskbar is unlocked (as per bear's instructions) your mouse arrow should turn into a small, double headed black set of arrows. When it does this, hold doun left click and drag it downwards until a faint grey line is where the top of the taskbar used to be. Now just let go of left click and you should be ok.

You can lock the taskbar (do the opposite to what bear told you earlier) to make sure this wont happen again.

Cheers, Dave.
    Thankyou Dave but that doesn't work either.Whenever i left click & try to drag it to 1/2 its present size nothing happens;Something only happens when i take it all the way to te bottom,then it will become a thin blue line.I have tried all regular methods i know of so i'm still hoping someone out there can HELP!!!Thanx once again for the pointer Dave.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

If you're trying to do this with this H2G window open, make sure you're adjusting the bar and not the bottom of the browser window. Another possibility may be, rt click on an empty area on desktop>Properties>settings tab> and select screen resolution 1024 x 768 >OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    If you're trying to do this with this H2G window open, make sure you're adjusting the bar and not the bottom of the browser window. Another possibility may be, rt click on an empty area on desktop>Properties>settings tab> and select screen resolution 1024 x 768 >OK.
    I've made sure that all settings are per usual,& run the gamut of eveything i can think of,also making certain not to drag on a browser window.Thank you for your suggestions though.It's really driving me nuts. :x

I have 1 more suggestion. Restart your computer in safemode and see if the problem still exists. If not restart again in normal mode and see if the problem is resolved. Follow the instructions for your version of Windows in the below link for starting in safemode.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...rc=sec_doc_nam
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Here's a little VBS file (inside the .zip file) that'll automatically fix this issue for you. It's from Kellys-Korner-XP.com (http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm #164). Just unzip the file, double click the .vbs file and follow the prompts. All done..

Partieā„¢

Works like a charm.