Thread: Snoring

queenie43951

Default Snoring

Since removing the Apropos virus from her laptop, my daughter now has a problem with a snoring computer...anyone any ideas?

Reply to (edit ... we do not encourage people to post their e-mail addresses in public forums ... this is one of the fastest ways of getting spam e-mail and viruses .. they scan sites for valid addresses).

Thanks

We don't reply via email. that would defeat the purpose of the message boards here at this forum. Please have your daughter join the forum & ask her question. Remind her that we will need basic system information to help her. Windows version would be a good starting point.

My apologies I didn't notice the windows version when I was typing up this reply ......................oops
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

A new term in born. A snoring computer.
    So when did your computer get chicken pox. Just kidding because that is what the human virus is.
    Anyhow here is what this nasty is and where it camefrom.

Also Known as: pop PeopleOnPage Envolo Apropos Media AproposMedia
    Official Description: AproposMedia is the advert-showing part of the 'PeopleOnPage' program, an Internet Explorer sidebar which claims to show a list of other users of the current site.
    Comment: Opens pop-up adverts (which themselves may spawn other pop-ups) at regular intervals when Internet Explorer is in use. When the PeopleOnPage sidebar is open, the addresses of all pages visited are sent to the controlling server with a unique tracking ID.
    Manual removal: Go to the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs feature. Select and remove 'AM Server' and 'POP'.

Information URL: http://www.peopleonpage.com/

If the sound is coming from within the computer then you may need it seen to by a technician.
    If the sound is coming from the speakers then uninstall the sound card or onboard sound, download fresh drivers and install them.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.