juicylucy

Default runtime error 429

hello folks,long time no help needed,my problem is when i start my computer up i get this message....runtime error 429 active x cannot create object.....can anyone tell me what it means and is it possible to fix, its annoying when it keeps popping up, you have been so helpful with other probs i have had,so i look forward to your posts, thankyou in anticipation. :roll:

You may have some missing runtime files on your computer.
    Download VB6 here and run the .exe to install the files.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/vbrun6.html

Cheers, Dave.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

More information is need to answer this question completely.
    What is happening is something that starts when you boot up is having a problem.
    Whatever it is has nothing to do with the operating system.
    Check the following places.
    c:/Documents & Settings/User/Start Menu/Programs/Startup and see if there is anything their that may give you a clue.
    Also click Start then Run. Type msconfig and in the pop up box look under Startup and check all the listings with an X
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

nWHOOZEE i have done what you suggested and i cant find anything out of place,but then i am not that sure what i am looking for,i made sure all the boxes were marked like you said, the exact thing that happens when i start up is related to spyware guard that i downloaded a while back,the message says, at the top, spyware guard,runtime error 429,active x conponent cannot create object,
    DAVE thanks for your suggestion also,i took the link that you gave but i am way to unsure of what i am doing to download anything like that, i know its a pain but i need everything in simple terms.
    thanks again to both of you
    well thats all for now folks,take care,love juicy

HI juicylucy007
    Take a look at link below you said spywareguard this looks like the answer well i think so

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12089

Paul

Hi as above forgot to log in

Paul

:lol: STONEY...thank you so very much for your help, I followed the link you posted and it has fixed the problem, since i downloaded spyware guard i have never actually accessed it,now thanks to you i can see it,now all i have to do is learn how to use it, lol. also thanks to the other guys who tried to help.....help2go to rescue once more....xxx
    well thats all for now folks,take care,love juicy

Hi juicylucy

Pleased you got that sorted, Hey you just tell them newcastle players to make sure they turn over c/palace, help to keep Norwich in the premiership.lol

Paul