Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No connection to web site`

Have a friend that gets a blank page with the word done in the lower left corner, He is running XP Pro and has accessed the site before but now is unable too, any suggestions. He runs Zone Alarm and the site is not blocked on his log, He also has gone into internet option /privacy/Site/and checked the managed web site list.

Sounds like a problem with the site/server. Can they access on a different PC?

Cheers

Yes he has a friend with the same ISP who has no problem with the site.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Sometimes a simple 'refresh' will do the trick. Another posibility is to put the site into 'Trusted Site' (Tools>Internet Options>Security>Trusted Site>Site).

Thanks canuck, I'll tellhim to try that,

No soap canuck didn't work

I don't know if this applies to Zone Alarm but here goes.
    I use Sygate firewall. If I right click on the Sygate icon in the task bar I have an "applications" option I can click on. This lists the stuff that the firewall knows about and what it's allowed to do with any given site, (options are ask, allow, block).
    I'm guessing that a similar thing applies to Zone Alarms. You might want to check if the site is blocked there.
    Regards guy9663.

thanks guy, He has the free Zone alarm, he cannot find that option,

I have zone alarm pro but I image its similar. If you look at the left of the screen when zone alarm is open there is a list overview, privacy, firewall etc. Look at privacy, there are three tabs nearer the night of the screen Main, Site List, Cache Clearer, use the middle one to see if what Guy suggested helps

Not trying to get anybody to change, but tell him to try Firefox. Link in sig. I've had problems like this in Internet Explorer with certain sites. But yet they work fine in Internet Explorer. He dosent have to keep Firefox, but just try it to see if it's a problem with IE - or the site's server.
    Still using IE?
    Get Firefox!

My Homepage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast