Default problem restoring from nero backitup

Hi, I hope someone can help.
    I have a compaq presario 5000, with windows ME. My computer was completely messed up so I used the recovery cd to restore it to factory condition. Before I did that I used Nero backitup to make a backup dvd of the files I wanted to save.
    Now my computer is back to square one and running great, but I installed Nero6 suite again and tried to restore the files I saved and its telling me to put the name of the file in(which I did)but it's saying that the file needs to be a .nbi file. I did a search of files and my computer is reading the dvd in E drive but how do I get Nero to open the file, or is there another way to get the info off the dvd and on to my computer? Don't know if you need to know this, but the files I'm trying to restore are mostly games and videos, but some are text files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

oops Because you have changes the HD set up nero would have no idea what to do.
    The file you refer to would have been on the hard drive. It no longer exists.
    Look for and download ISO buster. It's free and in most cases it can extract data from any CD or DVD.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Yeah, I kinda figured that the file would be wiped out when I did that, but I figured it would still be able to read the dvd. Thanks for the advice, I'll try that and let you know if it worked!

It worked! All my files are back! Thank you so much!!!!