Thread: Adobe Acrobat

Default Adobe Acrobat

Hi I had version 6 of Adobe Acrobat reader on my computer, even with the plugin fix as advised by an artical on this site it still loaded slowly, so when I found out that Adobe Acrobat reader 7 had been released I thought I'd give that a go.

I uninstalled version six then ran the downloaded files from the Adobe website and installed version 7. The first time I ran the program it ran with no problems, but after that it simply refuses to open up the program, the process starts and takes up anywhere from 70 - 100% of an AMD athlon 64 3200+ processor which I don't think is quite right.

I tried uninstalling it but to no avail, it will run once then no matter what I do will simply not start up again.

I knwo there are free alternatives but I simply have found them to be lacking in comparison to Acrobat, also the downloaded file I have installs perfectly on a flatmates computer so I am 90% sure it is a problem with my machine.

Any help that you can give would be greatly appreiciated.

Note I have downloaded and run the updates for Acrobat.

When you uninstalled AA6 did it remove the folder from the program files list? If not you may have to delete that as there could be a conflict between version 6 and 7 occuring.
    If either version is listed in add/remove programs use that to uninstall both then install version 7
    I upgraded to AA7 and it works great but I did run CCleaner after I uninstalled AA6.
    Regards guy9663.

I beleive so, there is no longer an acrobat 6 folder, and whenever version 7 is uninstalled there isn't an Acrobat 7 folder either.

I just don't have a clue what could be happening, its amost as if its getting stuck in an infinate loop which is why it chews up the processor. Whats CCleaner incidentally?

Re CCleaner. Link below has download and information.
    Regards guy9663.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

WEll as this seemed to be a fairly unique problem, I decided the best course of action would be to do a system restore to before 6 started playing up, and uninstall it while it was working. The end result is a clean install of version 7 and the ability to print PDF's easily which the free versions just didn't have.