Default My Sony Viao Laptop Wont Turn on/Boot

I need help i have a friend who has a sony viao laptop thats about 1 half years old. Now when you push the power button it acts like ist going to start and it makes a little noise its like right where the fan would start up and something would show on the screen but it stops there. Is this a motherboard problem or is it like a power supply problem we have taken out the batery and tryed to start it up with it just pluged in that didn't work we also tried in the opposite way that didn't work. We are mad because it isnt that old at all and now its doing this. Is the Laptop garbage. Please help.

What is the something that show on the screen ?

Cheers

I would try to boot it in safe mode by tapping on F8 during start up. If you get it to start in safe mode, shut it down, then see if it will boot. If it still doesn't boot, try booting into safe mode again, but hit NO to go to system restore. Pick a date before you had any problems and go back to that. Charlie

Default Its not even that far.

The laptop doesnt show anything on the screen and it doesent even boot up enought to get to safe mode its like right to the point when booting a computer where the fans of the computer would turn on but then it just stops before anything gets on the screen

Are you getting any beeps when it tries to start ?

Naturally lap tops are very hard to open up and work on, so probably going to need to take to a shop if you are getting nothing.

Cheers

Default No Beeps

No we dont get any beeps the computer hard drive work light thing flashes but i'm pretty sure my friend said it never beeped normaly when it started. But i was wondering is it hard to fix and expensive or would they be better off buying a new laptop

No one can answer that question, except the owner. If they were happy with it, before it broke, my advise is to pay the money to have a pro to check it out.

Cheers

Default Thanks

Thanks for responses if you have any more ideas send them on by but thanks for all the help you have givin i will tell them to have it checked out. Thanks Again
    tkoepp

Freddy661

Default Sony Vaio Laptop

Hello, I also bought a laptop and the when you press the POWER button you can hear the inside of the laptop turn on and the fan but the screen is off and both the computer POWER and BATTERY both blink at the same time. If i press the POWER button i can hear the laptop turn off but nothing on the scren, if you guys have any suggestions please let me know.... thanks!!!