annie

Default web page isnt opening:(

dear all,
    i have a problem . all my web pages are working except yahoo.com including the yahoo mail for the last 8 days. rest other pc's in my office have the okay functioning. even my account is opening from my home's pc.

but here it is damn slow and says run time error occured"'ylib_keyevt' undefined" and didnt opens the mailbox. there are no images as well.

please if you know help me out i am very very despo to know....

annie

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Here's the solution
    The debugging feature is for the benefit of the web page's author. To
    disable debugging, use Internet Options> Advanced. Check the box next to
    "Disable script debugging" and *remove* the check next to "Display a
    notification about every script error." Click OK.

You'll need to close any open Internet Explorer windows and relaunch the
    program for these changes to take effect.
    Let us know if this works for you.

As this appears to be a work PC can your IT manager/department/person help you?
    PLEASE DONATE. Help keep our site alive without ads.

Help keep your computer protected. Read this > http://www.help2go.com/article152.html

Doing an internet search with google and yahoo, I found two references to a program called Protowall and also Tracks Eraser Pro. I believe this is a firewall program related to P2P/File Sharing software.

Have you or other users installed any programs (firewall and/or P2P) of this nature recently on the affected PC?

Have you or the IT staff tried returning to an earlier System Restore point? (if you have Windows XP)

These are not really solutions, but a place for you and your IT staff to start.

Best of luck,
    Funbard

annie

Default sorry it didnt worked out

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck
    Here's the solution
    The debugging feature is for the benefit of the web page's author. To
    disable debugging, use Internet Options> Advanced. Check the box next to
    "Disable script debugging" and *remove* the check next to "Display a
    notification about every script error." Click OK.

You'll need to close any open Internet Explorer windows and relaunch the
    program for these changes to take effect.
    Let us know if this works for you.
    much thanks to the efforts made by you alll but alas my yahoo is still unoperational :cry:

i did what i was asked to, also i checked with my system administrator for any firewall or any other tracker etc.
    but still its the same. it isnt opening and nor it is showing the images....

help!!!

There are two things playing on my mind here.

First, you say that everyone else's computers are not displaying the same trouble as yours. That indicates a possible problem with your office's systems affecting your computer.

Second, you say you have system administator at work. We can't really sepnd too much time on fixing a workplace computer as volunteers when your employer pays for someone to fix it properly.

I don't really know what else to suggest at this point. Sorry.

OJ
    PLEASE DONATE. Help keep our site alive without ads.

Help keep your computer protected. Read this > http://www.help2go.com/article152.html

annie

Default please dont say like this, i really need ur help

Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob
    There are two things playing on my mind here.

First, you say that everyone else's computers are not displaying the same trouble as yours. That indicates a possible problem with your office's systems affecting your computer.

Second, you say you have system administator at work. We can't really sepnd too much time on fixing a workplace computer as volunteers when your employer pays for someone to fix it properly.

I don't really know what else to suggest at this point. Sorry.

OJ
    hmmm, you are sayin that
    We can't really sepnd too much time on fixing a workplace computer as volunteers when your employer pays for someone to fix it properly.
    what if the sys administrator is also not able to fix the problem, where should i go? suggest me please if there is any solution to this i am really pixxx off!!!!

dont back by commenting that its just a volunteer's job and nothin more, i truly need some assistance...

annie/guest:

We have no hard fast rule about who we help, members pick and choose themselves who to help. However, I do agree the Oddjob that we should limit our help to businesses. We are not here to put paid IT people out of a job.

Oddjob, Canuck, FunBard have comment/tried to help. I also know that PartieHonteuse has also looked at your problem. These people are senior members, of this forum and know what they are doing.

My suggestion would be to read and follow the directions here:

http://www.help2go.com/article217.html

However you are not permitted to post a log, in our spyware/malware forum since you are not a member. No HJT logs are permitted in the Q&A/PC Help forum. They will be deleted without comment.

Your are coming across as a very demanding person, we are under zero obligation to fix your problem, that more than likely you caused. Remember your are a "Guest".

If running the programs that I suggested does not fix your problem, have your IT format your PC and reinstall every thing. I am sure your employer will just love this, especially if they rack up some overtime, just so you can get your personal e mails at work.

BG