Default can't download anything!??

hello..i have been getting the black screen advising physical dump then the computer counts down from 100 and reboots..i removed a lot of programs so now i'm running an email/word processor basically on win2k (but no more crashes ;p) but tonite i noticed i can't download from the net..i get a message saying ie was unable to open the internet site, requested site unavailable try again..i know i'm connected and i know the site is available..any idea? thanks tons

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I don't know 2k, but you should have a Network Connections, if you go in there and select your Local Area Connection>double click to open>Support Tab>click Repair button. This should set you up. If that doesn't work, try a System Restore to a time before changes and see if it works. If it does, make note of your settings, go back and reverse Restore and check that your settings are the same. Stay tuned as others may have input.

hey funny thing about win2k..there is no system restore! even weirder..i rebooted and I can now downnload for the time being anyways..i'm thinking ..virus?? thanks for your response though