Default freeing up system resources?

G'day
    My computer has been running with around 50% system resources free. I used to run around 80%+ and the only thing I've done lately is add a video card. Previously i used the onboard video. I checked MSCONFIG and this is what I found in the start up:

ScanRegistry
    TaskMoniter
    System Tray
    Atikey
    AtiCwd 32
    LoadPowerProfile
    LexStart
    AshMaiSv
    Zone Labs Client
    avast! Web Scanner
    NvCplDaemon
    nwiz
    NvMediaCenter
    winmodem
    LoadPowerProfile
    BCDetect
    TrueVector
    avast
    NVSvc

My specs are:
    VIA VT8601T Appollo PLE 133T
    Biostar M6VLQ
    celeron 1.3 Ghz.
    192mb SDRAM
    NVIDIA Geforce FX 5500 OC
    Win 98SE

Does anybody know what I can safely remove from the start up. I'm sure I don't need all that but I'm not sure what exactly I do and do not need.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Taz202

Take a look at the link below and search by alphabetical order it should give the details you need

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Taskl...s/tasklist.htm

Paul

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Startup is quite a personal thing, it depends on what you want running as soon as your pc starts. I will note the ones that are not necessary:

AtiKey
    AtiCwd32
    LexStart
    NvCplDaemon
    winmodem
    BCDetect
    NVSvc

As far as ScanRegistry, this may be a Trojan. I would suggest you go here . Follow all steps 1 to 5. When you get to 5 you will be creating a Highjackthis log. Copy the log and return to this post, click Post Reply at the bottom of the page and paste the log there. Make mention that you've followed through all the steps so that our experts will know what's been done. As of June 1st, to have your HJT log analyzed by one of our experts, you’ll need to sign up as a member. You can post back to this thread, as a member, and this will then be forwarded to the Spyware Help forum or you can create a new post in that forum. Hope this helps.

Hi

ScanRegistry scanregw.exe/autorun should run on start up and should not be disabled, is that what you have or does it say something different

Paul