Thread: AVG Problems

Guest4

Default AVG Problems

I am running Windows XP Office on a Dell Inspiron 2650 and have installed all updates. A few days ago I could not update my AVG software. Before anything was posted on the website, I decided to uninstall and reinstall it. However, when I try to uninstall, the software freezes while searching for a file, but then will not load when I restart. When I try to reinstall it freezes with the same file (I moved locations so I will repost the specific file when I run it again). When Windows starts it also gives me an error message that says "COM Error Caught Code value = 80004002 Code Meaning= No such interface supported Description= LNG file not found (C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\). Basically I cannot uninstall or reinstall the software. Has anyone had this problem or can anyone offer an assistance?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Suggest you download and save AVG to a folder (open it if zipped). Now boot up into Safe Mode and see if you can uninstall from Add/Remove in Control Panel. If this doesn't work, go to the file and double click on the .exe file and see if it will install. This is from AVG
    Open the directory with AVG 7.0 installed in and run the SETUP.EXE file or download the current installation file of AVG from Downloads-Programs and run it to start installation process. The following screen will be displayed during an installation process:

Add/Remove Components - choose if you want to add/remove some AVG component or reinstall the entire AVG program

Repair installation - this option repairs or reinstalls missing or damaged components of AVG

Uninstall - this option removes the AVG program from your PC
    Keep us posted.

Thank you for such a quick reply, but when I went to find the file that kept freezing it, it said "not responding" but then went past it and I was able to uninstall and reinstall. Thank you!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Glad it worked out for you.