Default updating bios properly

i just recently installed windows xp home on my other pc. the pc was bought used, and its pretty old. i want to update its bios. but i dont know how to do it properly. i've contaced my bios manufacturer, but its taking to long to get a response. can some1 walk me through on updating my bios, or point me to a website that can? thanx.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

It depends on the actual bios chip. Older ones are not updatable.
    Download either Fresh Diagnosis (www.freshdevices.com) or Belarc Advisor to identify the BIOS chip.
    Once you know the full chip model then you can go to the appropriate site and download the flash file.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

ok, i downloaded fresh diagnosis........ it says that my bios is upgradeable. i did a google search, but i have no idea what i'm looking for, not much of a computer whiz......... can u guys help me out? heres a pic of my info http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...mboardinfo.jpg

i didn't feel like typing it so i just took a screen shot. its a little big but not that big, i cut out the stuff that didn't need to be seen.

please help!!

Member Help2Go Moderator

According to your BIOS ID string your motherboard is made by FIC(or FICA in the US). If I were you I'd read the information here -->

http://www.fica.com/site/html/servic...C_ID=240000619

Also, according to that BIOS ID String there are 4 possiblities that match which motherboard you have..

Fic VA-503 or Fic PA-2012 or FIC VA-503+ or FIC PA-2013

Any more questions, ask away!

Partieā„¢

how can i check which motherboard i have?

edit: nevermind, i opened up my tower and found the model number. its a va-503+. what files do i download?

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You will need to identify the actual BIOS type and model. Yours is an AWARD bios but which one I have no idea.
    Unfortuately the web sites for this MOBO is so messy it looks like it was pit together by a programmer and not a designer. Good luck.
    Easiest way is call the vendor and ask him/her
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.