Default Delete at bootup

I did a search on cookies and found two that took suspicious:

peggy@ads.digitalpoint.txt
    peggy@apmebf.txt

I ran Adaware,Spybot,MSAntiSpy,Panda ActiveScan & Housecall this morning found no infections with these names. So I just tried to "file delete" the cookies & got:

"Cannot delete file. Cannot read from source file or disk"

Seems like I read somewhere on this or another pc help forum recently about the ability to "Delete File at Bootup". Can you tell me how to use this Windows feature? I tried to search in it Windows Help with several keywords/phrases and got nowhere.
    SYSTEM SPECS: HP Pavilion p6-2120t desktop, Intel Pentium Quad Core, 8GB DDR#-1333MHz SDRAM (2 DIMMS), HP 23" HP 2311 LED monitor, Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller, Integrated sound, HP SATA 16X HD,
    Windows 7x64 Home Premium; Firefox 13.0.1 default; IE8; ATT DSL 2Wire modem/router; Yahoo Web Mail;
    Comodo FW 5.10 (D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand.

Default RE: two suspicious cookies

I even ran ccleaner and it didn't delete these two. But then I went back to the search and tried deleting them again and I finally got the two cookies to delete for me without the "can't read from source file" message. Rebooted and redid the search again and Windows found no results, so they didn't "reappear/rewrite themselves" back onto my system!

Hopefully all is well again. Thanks for being there, guys. You don't know how much you are appreciated by novices like me.
    SYSTEM SPECS: HP Pavilion p6-2120t desktop, Intel Pentium Quad Core, 8GB DDR#-1333MHz SDRAM (2 DIMMS), HP 23" HP 2311 LED monitor, Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller, Integrated sound, HP SATA 16X HD,
    Windows 7x64 Home Premium; Firefox 13.0.1 default; IE8; ATT DSL 2Wire modem/router; Yahoo Web Mail;

Peggy,

You can prevent these cookies from ever coming back in Internet Explorer 6 or later.

Open Internet Explorer.
    Click Tools then Options.
    Click the Privacy tab.
    Click on the Sites button.
    Enter the address from the cookie you want to block, then press Block.
    Repeat for any others you wish for Internet Explorer to reject.

If you are not sure of the exact address, find them in your cookie folder by doing a Search/Find on your computer, then opening them. Usually their domain name (e.g. doubleclick.net) will be found within the cookie text file.

An added note: I did an internet search with google for "apmebf" and got redirected to a website with a privacy policy which mentions opting out of an email list.

I would like to remind you and others who may read this to never click links within email to "unsubscribe" or other opt out links. This lets that company, and its partners know you actually exist. Email spamming companies randomly generate email addresses and spam advertisment emails to people everyday. They will include an "unsubscribe" link to fool people into thinking they have unsubscribed, when they actually may have been put on another list which their business partners may use to their own uses. So clicking on an unsubscribe link will most times cause you more spam. Simply delete the email and/or report the sending email address to your ISP or email provider's.

Hope this info helps,
    Funbard

Default Cookie Deletions

Thanks for the detailed reply, FunBard. Actually, I do know about the block site feature in IE Options,Privacy tab. Have added a few sites to the list myself. But I didn't know that the addresses associated with cookies could sometimes be found in the cookie folder. Thanks for the tip. Will start checking there more frequently.

Won't be subscribing or unsubscribing to anymore newsletters, either. Once again, thanks again for the heads up.