Thread: Sound Problem

Default Sound Problem

After re-installing Win 98 I cannot get any sound. Originally I had soundblaster, I finally located and couple of disks that had SB16 written on them and tried loading them (for drivers) but the dialogue box told me that the disks did not contain needed info!?
    The Everst Software says that there is a C-Media CM18338/C3DX audio device.
    My motherboard has been changed since I originally had this computer built, I am wondering if the audio device stated above has replaced the soundblaster, which I assume is a actual card. I opened the "box" to phyiscally check where my speaker are plugged into and they are connected to a module(?) on the motherboard as opposed to a card.
    If, C-Media CM18338/C3DX audio device is my current, how do I get it working to hear the beautiful music

The 1st thing I would check is the audio settings in the control panel. There should be a section for master audio that has a dropdown arrow which lets you select the sound device. See whats there & try changing it. Remember to hit apply & OK. If that doess not work then it's time to search for that driver again.