Default HARDWARE PROBS + MORE

Hi all.
    I hope someone can help with this one.I have a fujitsu siemens scaleo 600 p.c. with an ms6391 m/b.The main problem is when I try to add more memory or any type of expansion card the machine fails to boot and gives this message:-WINDOWS COULD NOT START BECAUSE THE FOLLOWING FILE IS MISSING OR CORRUPT:- C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYS.When I remove said card or memory it boots up as normal.
    In addition I am puzzled as to why when I press c/alt/del the task manager shows no progams are running it's a totally blank page.
    Regards. Adamski

How to troubleshoot registry corruption issues << click to read.

Excerpt from article:
    SUMMARY
    This article describes how to troubleshoot registry corruption issues.

If your computer does not restart, the registry hives may be corrupted. The error messages may vary. They can include any of the following:
    Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.ced
    Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
    Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SOFTWARE
    System hive error
    Stop 0xc0000218 (0xe11a30e8, 0x00000000, 0x000000000, 0x00000000) UNKNOWN_HARD_ERROR
    Stop: 0xc0000218 {Registry File Failure} The registry cannot load the hive (file): \SystemRoot\System32\Config\CorruptHive or its log or alternate. It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.
    I have seen this error a few times with people who upgrade motherboards without reinstalling Windows, bad hardware, or just a computer needing a full chkdsk.

Hope this helps,
    Funbard

Thanks for the quick reply i'll give it a go.
    Regards Adamski.