Default Monitor keeps going blank e.g. hangs

Please help, my Plug and Play Eyama 17inch TFT monitor keeps hanging. It doesn't require a reboot as in a PC crash it just loses the screen colours and after a short while it is normal again.

I have checked the monitor driver properties and Graphics card driver and Windows says they are OK. I am running Windows XP SP2 with a 128MB NVIDIA Geforce FX5200LE graphics card.

My screen properties are 1024 * 768 Resolution and 32Bit colour.

Any help would be appreciated.

How old is the monitor? It sounds like it may be on the way out. I once had a monitor that quit showing red, the only solution was a new monitor. Others may have more info. Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Grim322
    How old is the monitor? It sounds like it may be on the way out. I once had a monitor that quit showing red, the only solution was a new monitor. Others may have more info. Charlie

Thanks Charlie, you may be right but the monitor is only 6mths old. Thanks for the reply though. Have a good day. Neville

You don't give the specific model..but you could go here - http://www.iiyama.co.uk/pages/conten...V=241&DOC=7114
    and ensure that you have the latest driver. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

At 6 months, it shouldn't be the monitor. Charlie