Default burning .cda files to blank cd after ripping from source cd

Hello,

I use Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 software. I extracted songs from a CD but I saved the project for later burning because I did not have a blank CD at that time. Now if I want to burn them, it asks for the source CD. There's no way I can get them. What can I do? I noticed the songs have .cda extension if that helps. Thank you.

Regards,
    Fenisol3

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Take a look at this definition of .cda http://www.tomdownload.com/audio_mp3...cda_to_mp3.htm . They offer a trial of the program, but am not sure whether you need the original cd for this. I was unable to find a free converter. Keep us posted.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Firstly you did not rip the songs but merely copied the CDA files over. Ripping would have created either a wav, mp3, wmf, OBB or one of the many formats used for playing sound from a hard drive..
    Note the size of the CDA files. CDA files are only a reference file so the audio CD knows where to go on the CD. That is why you are beng asked for the CD.
    CDEX is a free ripper. See the tutorials in the MP3 sections of our Articles & Tutorials
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.