Default Unable to login/load certain sites - from my PC only

Hi, any thoughts on this?

From my computer for the past week I have been unable to login to my hotmail account, AOL instant messenger, or load www.aol.com or www.aim.com using AIM, IE, firefox, and Netscape (all the latest versions).

It appears that any other site works fine, and I am able to login / view all the above on my roommate's computer using the same internet connection/account.

I have run spyware / virus programs, altered firewall settings, all of the obvious things to do. This is a new one for me, and my workgroup manager at work (although this is a home connection).

From the cmd prompt I ran ipconfig and got an IP, subnet, and default gateway, but the "Connection specific DNS suffix:" was blank but then again, my roommates connection didn't have one either so that's probably no help...

I can't think of anything I did aside from normal use that would have caused this, i.e. nothing downloaded, or any change to my connection.

I have been thinking of getting a new computer recently, could my 5 year old VAIO be reading my mind?!?

Default I fixed it...if anyone cares...

ok after restoring my computer to an earlier date, reinstalling AIM, blah blah blah...it all still didn't work.

light bulb came on when my roommate said he couldn't connect to AIM when he went wireless (it worked when plugged into the wireless router)

SO...I reset the wireless router, done, end of story, it all works now.

Now, the million $ question...WHY only those sites, and why AIM and not windows messenger...WHY!?!!