Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

100 and 133 use the same connections, the 133 is just capable of more speed if the system supports it. If both drives are in the same computer with one as master and one as slave, XP should be able to copy the files. Open MY COMPUTER, click on the icon of your old drive, hold down the control key while you click the mouse on the files you want to copy, then click on COPY THE SELECTED ITEMS on the left side of page. Pick the new drive as destination. If there are some files that are more important, do them first. After you have them copied, go back and do the rest since there is no way of knowing how long it will work. As it heats up, it may stop working.If there is a better, faster way of doing it, I'm sure someone will jump in with their suggestions. Charlie

yes i do have a cdr but i'm looking for speedy transfers. right now im using a 4 gig hd. thats the same hd i would use if i were to set it to master over the "frozen" hd. i have the 4gig left over from the computer when i first had. good thing i kept it. even so i cannot survive on a puny 4 gigs. i like to dl big files n stuff like free games and demos. so i might as well search for a new hard drive. thanks grim, i'll look for ide 100 then since this system wont support 133 . wouldn't it be faster to transfer from hd to hd?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123