Default I killed a computer - urgent help needed

I need urgent help. I have killed my daughters computer and she is coming home tomorrow so i need to fix it asap. There is room for two more drives so i decided to put in two DVD rewriters that i had laying around. I opened the case and had no trouble connecting them. I removed the black plastic front pieces and twisted off the metal covers behind them. I thought everything was ok but when i tried to restart the computer i just get a message saying WARNING the case is open and it won't boot up. The case is not open and even if it was i don't see why this should be a problem as i have seen my local computer genius working on loads of computers without cases. Can someone tell me how to solve this problem please.

I leave my case open for better ventalation so like you I'm not sure why you would get that message but you may check to see if there is a pressure switch located on the case that is not engageing. The first thing I do when having a problem after going into the case is check for loose connectors; even the ones I didn't mess with may have been loosened in the activity. BOL Littlemike

Check to PC makers web site and see if they have any info on your problem. I have never heard of a PC doing this.

Probably would help us if you told the make and model of it.

Have you tried removing the 2 new drives and restoring it back to its original hardware configuration ?

Cheers

This may be a combination of 2 warning messages. The first is just a warning that the case has been open, but it should still boot. The boot problem is likely due to the jumpers being set wrong on the new drives. If they are on the same IDE cable, make sure one is set to master and one to slave. If they are on different cables, make sure they are set so they are the opposite of whatever is on the cable with them. The quickest way out may just be to remove them and put everything back as it was. Once it boots, you should be able to clear the message about the case being open. Charlie

Hallo Grezaldo - I have Googled your error message and it comes back with only ONE reply. Have a look at it and see if anything helps.
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/arc...hp/t-3115.html
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

I went through Galena's link, go into the BIOS (usually by hitting the DELETE key during start up), check for anything that has to do with intrusion alert or something like that. You will have to hunt around in the different headings. If you find it, disable it and save the settings before exiting the BIOS. See if that takes care of it. Charlie