Default Real-player video files playin slow

Hi, I have some video here that are .RAM video files and I want to know why they are playin slow. They seem to play but... at a slow FPS! I have to right-click on the link of the video and save as target then I save the file to a folder of mine. the files are only 40 to 60MB and I want to know If I can fix this little problem but... if i can't then... it's alright.

Note - I use real player-Alternative and not real player itself.

Hallo Spy - Some system details would help. OS XP, 98?. Also how much Ram and your processor. If you don't know any of this you can download and run this free program and it will give you plent info re your system. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

My guess is that the codec used by the Real Alternative is old and may not cope with newer ram files.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

O... sorry here..

Ram - 512 and my CPU - 1.67

Video - ATI 9200SE 128MB

OS - Xp SP1

And I played it in reaplayer before i got the other and... still lags some.

i have no spyware on my system as you can tell from my S/N i'm good at keepin spyware out.

I bow to Whoozhe's far superior knowledge about these things and point you to this link - http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

It could just be the video have a low fps rate, you don't really need to update, make sure you're using a low resource player, I find MPC to use less resource than other players.