Default Corrupted/ Missing Driver for DVDRW

I have a DW U12A DVD-RW drive and a Samsung SC140C CD-ROM drive; and the drivers for both have turned up with the error 'Drivers are mssing or corrupted' and they will not read disks.
    It happened the day/ day after I installed AGP Antivirus software, but I don't know if there's any connection or not.
    One day both drives worked perfectly, and the next day they wouldn't read anything.

I just got a bunch of new equipment for my compy, and I can't install my nVidia 6800's drivers without my drives.

I've looked on the internet for several hours trying to find where I can get the drivers, including the Sony and Samsung websites.
    Does anybody know where I can find the drivers, or any way to fix this problem?

Hallo Flammevogel - You have XP so you should be able to use the 'Restore Wizard' in Start>Help and Support to turn the settings back to before you installed the anti-virus. If you do this you will at least know if the a/v was responsible for your problems.
    As for your drivers - Google 'Driver.com and see if the drivers you want are there. It does require you to register(free) before you have access to the driver downloads. Don't be put off by having to register. Give it a go and let us know how you get on. I set a new 'Restore Point' (when I remember :roll: )before installing new programs etc so that if there is a problem you can just wind your system back as detailed above. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Hallo Flammevogel - You have XP so you should be able to use the 'Restore Wizard' in Start>Help and Support to turn the settings back to before you installed the anti-virus. If you do this you will at least know if the a/v was responsible for your problems.
    As for your drivers - Google 'Driver.com and see if the drivers you want are there. It does require you to register(free) before you have access to the driver downloads. Don't be put off by having to register. Give it a go and let us know how you get on. I set a new 'Restore Point' (when I remember :roll: )before installing new programs etc so that if there is a problem you can just wind your system back as detailed above. Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Flammevogel,

When you say,
    'Drivers are mssing or corrupted' and they will not read disks.
    do you mean that you checked in Windows Device Manager, viewed the properties of the CD/DVD drives, and saw an error code?

If you saw an error code, please list it.

This CD/DVD problem sounds like a very familiar problem I have solved in this post.

As for your nVidia drivers, you can get the latest reference drivers from http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html
    or check out the driver archive for a specific revision
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html .

SWEET

Alright, after installing the registry and restarting the computer, the drives work!!
    Thank you all so much!!!!!!!

Flammevogel,

Glad I could help. Enjoy!

Funbard