Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Firefox won't load any pages.

Hello, I have Mozilla Firefox and it won't load any pages. Everytime it boots up it just acts af it was loading a page (black background) and the mouse pointer loading symbol, but it never loads the page. It's not with just the start page either, i can't visit any sites I enter in my address bar.

I modified my Mozilla about:config files, and I resetted all of them to see if thats the problem (by right clicking and hitting reset, so there still may be a problem in the about:config configurations) and everytime I uninstall and try to reinstall firefox, it doenst work (probably because I still have Registry Files with firefox causing it to load with my last used options)

I was wondering if theres a way to RESET all of Mozilla's configurations to default, or to fix this problem :\

Thanks in Advance

PS - I added some values in the about:config and if I do reset to the ones I added it just changes its values, it doens't even delete it (as it should if I wanted the default settings) So, that may be another problem

Are you sure that the file is not with your internet working? The only time I get messages like that is when the internet is down for me.

There is a new version of Firefox (1.0.6) that is now available. It corrects some issues with previous versions. You can download here:
    www.mozilla.org I believe it is suggested that you uninstall previous versions before installing new one (altough I have done it without the uninstall before and it seemed to be OK). You won't lose any bookmarks or settings when you uninstall as it keeps the profile folder. Charlie

yeah, i got the newest version. lol, thats the first thing I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah
    Are you sure that the file is not with your internet working? The only time I get messages like that is when the internet is down for me.
    oh, and to answer this, no its not. Because I can use Internet Explorer completly fine.

Have you tried a COMPLETE uninstall per these directions?

Uninstalling Firefox

To ensure an absolutely trouble-free experience with the latest version of Firefox it is always recommended that you uninstall any previous version of Firefox completely before installing a new one. To completely remove all traces of Firefox from your system follow these steps:

1. Go to Windows Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs, and if a 'Mozilla Firefox' entry (or similar) exists, select it and click Change/Remove and uninstall it. Reboot if required.

2. Go to your Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Mozilla directory and delete the entire \Firefox subdirectory and all of its contents. Note that this will delete all of your bookmarks and saved settings. If you want to backup any or all of your current Profile, see the Customizing Firefox section first.

3. Go to your \Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ directory and delete it and all of its contents.

4. Using a registry cleaner like RegCleaner 4.3, find and remove all Firefox/Mozilla-related entries (usually there are several Mozilla entries to be found) and remove them. Alternatively you can use the Registry Editor (Start>Run>Regedit) and delete the following keys - that is, right click on their name in the left pane of Registry Editor and select Delete:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applications\firefox.exe]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mozilla]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\mozilla.org]

That will remove the bulk of the Firefox-related settings which can cause problems with newer installations if they are corrupted for example.

In most cases you should only have to undertake Step 1 of the above list. However if you are having any problems with Firefox, or if you just want to be cautious I suggest you follow all the steps above. Once again if you need to backup any of your bookmarks or settings first, read the Customizing Firefox section below before following the steps above.

Okay, I did 1, 2 , and 4 (I couldnt do 3 for some reasons, didnt have those folders) and firefox still has this problem :\

Not sure if this will help or not, but I had an issue with firefox not loading as well. It would be running in system resources, but never actually load a page. IE worked fine.

It turns out, I had a trojan (Qoologic) that was preventing firefox from fully loading.

It's possible you had the same problem... have you checked for a virus/trojan/spyware yet?

Well I have

Trend Micro AntiSpyware (Spyware Subtract)
    Spyboy: Search and Destroy
    Adaware
    Microsoft Antispyware
    Norton Antivirus
    Spyware Guard
    and
    Registry Mechanic :\

Do you think the trojan will still be there? 0.0

-Update-

I fixed it, my computers been acting weird today, so I did system restore to like 4 days ago, and it works fine now ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast