Default multi operating systems

I have presently win98se and win2000prof installed. When I load a large audio or video file I get frequent errors.

An engineer suggested that I can install another OS in addition to the present win2000 and win98se (or multiple installations of win2000prof)in another partition exclusively for audio and multimedia and another for games.

Can I instal two more installations of win2000prof in two partitions over the present win98se and win2000prof. Will boot.ini file show all the four installations to chose from in the boot screen. Presently it asks the choise for winse or win2000. Kindly provide the link which explains the procedure to install. thanks

pscraja

Your computer description says you only have 256 mb RAM. Have you tried installing more. I would think those large files use a lot of memory.

Also, is there a specific reason you have your computer partitioned in the first place.

If I understand your post correctly pscraja give this some thought.
    Create a new partition using something like Partition Magic and then format it using FAT32. Keep all your games, audio and multi media in that. Your existing operating systems should read all the files in the new partition.
    Pesonally I cannot see the benefits of installing the same O/S again or having more partitions. Get more clarification from the engineer who is advising you. When you say
    Can I instal two more installations of win2000prof in two partitions over the present win98se and win2000prof.
    do you mean start from scratch?
    Regards guy9663.

Thank you Mr.Guy Let me try this.

pscraja