Default Website question: Redemption Period

I know this site is more for computer problems but I figured maybe SOMEONE reading this board would know about this.

I was signed with a webhost who just shut down without any sort of warning. My URL was registered through them. So I can not do any sort of transfer as I know no information to be able to transfer it.

I checked it's stats in the whois.sc database and it is listed as expired as of May 22, 2005.

Also it is in the redemption period.

I thought redemption periods only lasted about 30 days from expiration date...its been over 60 days now. Any clue as to what my website URL still doing in the redemption period and when it will come ouy so I can re-register it??

This wait has been too long..

TIA if anyone knows!

I don't know anything about the subject but if you mean that you have a domain name that needs hosting somewhere else, there are a number of services that seem to be offering this. Try typing 'transfer domain name' into Google. A number of entries come up. There may be something there that would suit your needs.

Member Help2Go Moderator

what's the domain name? who is your registrar? who is your host?

Partie™

Quote Originally Posted by PartieHonteuse
    what's the domain name? who is your registrar? who is your host?

Partie™
    I don't have one. The host shut down without even telling me. It has been shut down for quite awhile now.

Their website was www.commonpointservices.com now my domain name was registered thru them and is now expired. Been in the redemption period for over 60 days I assume.. as it expired 60 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mart44
    Try typing 'transfer domain name' into Google. A number of entries come up. There may be something there that would suit your needs.
    Hi

Yeah I did that initially. But then when I went to register with a new host and I got to the transferring part..it asks for all this information I know not of as it was registered thru my old webhost.

So, this new host im going to sign with told me I have to wait til the domain name comes out of the redemption period then just re-register it through him if I want.

However, he also told me redemption period usually lasts 30 days.

Again my domain name expired well over 60 days ago.

Im not sure if its been in redemption period 60 days or what?

But I assumed it went into redemption period right after it expired..