Default Reformat Question!!!

Hello there Again, Well after all this fixing and all I'm getting a copy of Window's from my mom and i asked her what Ver. she said Window's 2000. I said Um... mom you talkin about Xp ritght? She said well... syas i just like to call it 2000 cause Xp is mainly based of it. I said o... ok.

Well... anyway's i'm getting it tonight and yes.. i'm reformating and have already made back-up disc. for my Program's and Driver's. Cause i bought me a CD/Combo RW drive from BestBuy. ! YAY!!!

Well me and my mom we're talkin and she said since you bought that 80GB HD for your computer you should give that 30.9GB HD to your step bro.'s and sis.'s Computer coming up in Dec.!

I said but i want to keep it for Windows and use the 80GB for storage.
    I told her havin two HD... one for window's and the other for Storage is a good way to keep your computer in performance stats. good.

When i doo reformat should i do want she wants? cause that 80GB and more then enough for me cause i play Halo PC and DOW. I should also be askin should i should download all window's update's and go ahead and put Sp2 on my system? In regards... Spywareguy255

That decision is all yours. You can only legally install that version of windows on your computer if your mom has uninstalled it from her computer. It is licensed to one computer only. Charlie

my mom is getting a legal copy at her work and i'm going to install it on my computer once i reformat. but ok... if you uninstall window's xp from a computer and you like sell it. Could you use that product key from that copy of window's? or will you have to buy another copy cause now Window's has made it we're they check your product key and now mine's invalid cause i'm using a Illegal copy from a friend and i'm tired of it and wanted to use a Legal copy and have Sp2 and hopefully have no problem,'s till Windows Vista.

Member Help2Go Moderator

read about product activation here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ctivation.mspx

Hopefully, the version you get from your mom's work as a VLK version and not just a retail version.

Partie™

My mom said when she had to reformat her's she said it bypassed the Product key?!?!?! what's the a VLK Ver.?

Member Help2Go Moderator

VLK = Volume License Key, basically, 1 product key for 1 cd which you're able to use on say...50 computers (50 is just a number, depends on your agreement with MS), also no activation required.
    Partie™

O... so... i'll be able to get the Sp2 and all the updates? that's cool though

i can't wait cause hopefully today i'm getting the CD

Thx