Thread: IE 7 Beta

Default IE 7 Beta

Hi there, i've installed IE 7 beta version and it doesn't display some sites correctly and it doesn't even display Yahoomail correctly it only shows the text version of yahoo mail which i never ever saw 8O . now when i tried to uninstall it , couldn't find anyway. and i tried to install IE 6 sp1 but when i install it, it says setup has detected a newer version of ie already installed so setup will close now. is there any way to remove it or i've to wait until IE 7's official release?

yes i know beta versions are for developers but i wanted to take a peak :mrgreen:

Nripen

Open the add/remove programs window with the control panel. Make sure you check the box at the top that says show windows updates. It should now show up in the list and can be removed just like any other program. Charlie

I don't know if a system restore would work or not, worth a try.

Where did you find IE7, got a link?

BG

Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Uninstall- The Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 item won't appear on the Add or Remove Programs list (via Control Panel) until you check the "Show Updates" box at the top. Then just scroll down to "Windows XP - Software Updates" and there it is. You can remove it, reboot, and you get back your good old IE6.

Charlie

hi there thanks for the reply, i clicked show updates and IE 7 appeared and i uninstalled it.

here is the link:

http://files.tcmagazine.net:80/micro...XP-x86-enu.exe

Nripen

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Unless you are an expert with a piece of software, it is advisable not to try bata versions. The idea behind betas is to test the program for errors and ideally get back to the manufacturer with possible errors/fixes. You're lucky that this bata came with an uninstall .. some don't and can really mess up things.