Default How to retrieve data from a administrator logon

I have had some problems logon on, actually coulnt at all, so now I installed another windowsxppro on the disk.
    I cannot, however, access my desktop files from my primary logon (which was the administrator on the first install), with the new install.

It says access denied.
    Furthermore, it says, there are 0 bytes on the account, which cannot be true.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

I think you are really confusing everybody here.

You have posted three (3) different question in the last hour or so.

You need to stay with ONE topic and tell us what you want to do, what you can't do.

We all are really confused here. Please stay with one question at a time, as they problems just may be related.

BG

Going back to your first post, it looks like you removed some necessary files thinking that they were infected. Many spyware programs will find legitiment programs that aren't infected, they just are not standard windows programs. This is especially true with HiJack This. If you can't do a system restore, either through safe mode or the recovery console, the only way back may be to reformat and reinstall the OS. Charlie

Default Confusing?

Well, woudlnt it be more confusing if I asked three different question in the same thread?

Is there some sort of limit of questions a day? Haven´t heard of it, if that´s the case.

If I have had a lot of problems at once (due to misunderstood [probably from both parties] advice from this website) why shouldn´t I be able to ask more than one question?

If I need three answers, and only get two, and the third answer would be as critical as the first two, have I really made any progress?

Don´t misunderstand, I DO APPRECIATE YOU GUYS DOING THIS!

But don´t get like that with me for no reason...
    It´s not like it was irrelevant, though it could have been confusing in itself as a question, as my computer knowledge obviously isn´t at it´s best. But asking me not to post to many question? Comon, that´s just not cool as a moderator posting that to someone in actual help... on a computer advice/help board (NOTE: www.help2go.com)!

Thank you for your patience.

Hi

You misunderstood Basementgeek's post....

You can obviously post as many questions as you like

The problem is, if you ask 3 different questions in 3 different threads, at the same time, the advice you get in one thread, and what you do to your computer as a consequence may affect your other threads...

It would have been best to put ALL your questions in one thread, just say... I have 3 questions...1. 2. and 3.

then if we decide that one of the questions is totally unrelated to the others and needs it's own thread... we can move it for you...

Hope you understand, we are not "getting at you" just trying to make it easier for us to help you

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -

Member Help2Go Moderator

Follow the instructions here..

http://www.help2go.com/postp15901.html#15901

Default Good point

Well, I was just very angry with the computer not working and all - you know how it is. didnt mean to sound like a... well, you know

Anyway, I see that it is easier, of course, posting the all at the same time now, didnt think about the fact, that the problems could relate to each other.

Anyway, Im up n running, /w gmail of course

Thanks for your patience...