Default Works Crashed, how to recover?

Alright, my friend has microsoft works, they were typingn a big long somethin er other. Then it crashed. They didn't save it, so is there any way to recover the file?

If it was never saved at all, you may be out of luck. There are some programs that can recover deleted files as long as they were not written over. I have used Tune Up 2004 with success- 30 day free trial here:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/S...tilities.shtml

I'm sure others will have suggestions for other programs. Tune Up 2004 will scan your hard drive for all deleted files and give you the option to restore tany undamaged ones. Charlie

PC Inspector File Recovery is a good freeware program:
    http://pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

I would also check to see if works has left any temp folders anywhere. Use search to look for your file. This is a long shot but when other MS programs lilke word crash, the file is often left in tact somewhere as a temp file.

Lastly I would just say if the lost data is very important you may want to consider using a specialst data recovery service BEFORE trying to recover it yourself. This is because any further attempts to recover, like installing recovery programs may potentially result in the data you are trying to recover being overwritten. Of course using professional data recovery services costs a lot of money so it really depends on just how important or not the lost data is to you.

However I agree with Grim that this may be a tough one. Recovering an accidently deleted file is quite easy. Recovering a file that was never saved in the first place is a lot harder.